Life is so good. I’m recovering so well, though not entirely, from a stroke. My son flew in to spend four glorious days visiting. I finished another knitting project — a lovely cowl for my oldest granddaughter – the pattern is called Three-Turn (a skating term so it’s quite apt that I knit it while Olympic watching). Now I’m knitting one for me. Been watching the Olympics: felt so badly that Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue missed out on gold but they beautifully won silver. Just watched, with great excitement, Jennifer Jones and her team win gold in curling — entirely undefeated in every game! Life is good.
Of course, we must eat …
For those who are curious here are a few links, based on these photos:
- Although I make several different varieties of artisan bread, here is the original recipe that I use and then add ‘goodies’ accordingly.
- If you’d like a great visual how-to, this is the best video tutorial for making the no-knead bread the way I do.
- For the free knitting pattern, visit Laura’s Three-Turn Cowl.
- No, I do not have an automatic ball-roller; I do it myself. If you want to see how I learned to unwind a skein and roll it into a center-pull ball ready for knitting, visit this video.
- And if you are a knitter and you’d like to keep tabs on me, come on over to Ravelry — lots of patterns and inspiration in that community.
- I continue to utilize Pinterest for inspiration, to save recipes, patterns, and ideas.
So now you — what is shaking around your campfire this week or lately?