Happy 2012 everyone!
I bet many (or most) of you have already seen or received the email that is finding its way around the ‘net. It’s the Charlie Brown Philosophy email. Normally, when I receive forwarded emails I delete them without even reading them. But because of who it came from and because I felt it likely wasn’t all fluff (or spam) coming from that person, I decided to finally open it. I was pleasantly surprised.
The first part asks you a few questions about ‘famous’ or notable people who have won awards. I couldn’t answer who any of the ‘famous’ people were. But it was the second half of the email that really caught my attention and made me feel that I did the correct thing in reading this particular forwarded email. Here are the questions it asks in the second half (sorry, there is no attribution information stating who the author was):
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school. (I actually wrote an ode to one of those teachers and it was published many years ago in the Alberta Teachers Association magazine — that teacher was Miss Viens.)
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time. (definitely the true test of a real friend)
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special! (now THOSE are true blue friends)
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
I can put names to every one of those and I bet you can too. So tell me, who is one of the most memorable people in your life this past year?
PS: As you can tell, I’m not spending much time on the computer these days. Mostly because I’m so busy but also because my shoulder is murdering me and when I use the computer, the murder quotient goes up intensely. Happy New Year all!