Stylish? Moi? Well, thank you very much 🙂 Before I left for Hawaii, Kelly over at Jax Does Design had passed on to me the Stylish Blogger award. A long time ago, I began declining these blogger awards but I’m going to gracefully accept this one and do my best to try and follow the rules and pass it on.
A big ol’ thank you to Kelly for considering my photo journal as stylish! By the way, if you love beautiful style and pretty interiors, check out Kelly’s blog for sure.
The rules of the award are:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award to 10 great bloggers.
- Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.
I did share 7 things about me a while ago, also as a prompt from Kelly, so I’ll provide a new list for more insight into yours truly. Here then are 7 more things about me.
- I have won two major short story contests and each was produced for radio by CBC radio. The second one was aired on CBC radio but I didn’t get a CD of that one. I still have the CD from the first win around here somewhere.
- When I was 10 years old I was involved in a head-on collision on horseback — no kidding. It was reported in The Edmonton Journal and on local radio stations. My horse was killed due to injuries from the accident and I spent two months in hospital. The accident was not my fault. I did get back on horses again.
- I prefer food made from scratch and avoid processed foods as much as possible. I love old fashioned comfort food like old fashioned mac & cheese (never KD), meatloaf, pork cutlets, and stew — all home made of course. I also love any kind of ethnic food plus the great creations made at fine dining places, though don’t get to do that more than once or maybe twice a year. There’s not much I don’t like in the way of real food, except for pineapple on pizza – yuk.
- I still vividly remember learning to read, even though that was in another millenium. Reading a moving novel is definitely one of my favourite things to do.
- I was quite a tomboy growing up and still have those tendencies in terms of loving the outdoors, wanting to be adventuresome, and willing to try things. Because of where I live, I wear tomboy sorts of clothes but I feel my best when I can get all dressed up in fancy schmantzy city clothes — love that.
- I drink one single cup of coffee each day but am really very fussy about that one cup. I grind my own coffee each morning, make an espresso for my husband and I using imported beans we buy from Little Italy in Edmonton, and then steam my own milk. One really delicious and satisfying cup, that’s it. So what do I do when I’m away from home? Desperately seek out a Starbucks.
- I love beautiful artwork whether it’s great home design, paintings, sculptures, glasswork, pottery (oh I have a weakness for pottery), photographic art, hand woven cloth, or anything made by hand. I’ve had to stop buying artwork though because a person only has so much room.
- YES, you get an extra one (that’s because I cannot come up with enough blogs that I know would accept the award) … I’m adding this one because for some reason it seems to be I’m an oddball in this way so it’s something unique to include about me. We don’t go into debt for anything so we never buy anything unless we already have the money. We pay our credit card at the end of each month, we allot ourselves a strict budget each month for spending money and groceries, and we are always saving money for future purchases. The two things we tend to always be saving for are the next vehicle (almost have enough saved for the next one) and for our retirement home (almost there too). Rather than get loans where we have to pay interest, we do it the other way around and save money which collects interest (albeit small amounts of interest), and then pay cash for what we buy. I don’t tell too many people that because when I do, people seem to think that is so weird.
Now here is the pay-it-forward part. Because I don’t tend to read many blogs, particularly not with any regularity, I really had to put my cap on to come up with 10. Not to mention that I feel so badly by leaving others off the list, especially the photo-only spots I visit. So here are blogs I’m passing on the Stylish award to:
Junie Moon (I know Junie Moon does not accept awards but her blog is definitely worth visiting)
And there are a handful of photography blogs I visit as well.
Thank you to everyone who stops by and pays me a visit here at my photo journal, whether you’re here to check in on the business or whether you’re here to view a photo or two. I am grateful to every one of you who takes time out of your busy day to stop by and leave me a note.