Here it is at long last. The pet contest I’ve been writing about but had to delay until today. Since many of you have waited so long, let’s jump right in and get started. Here’s the scoop.
ELIGIBILITY: Everyone, no matter where you are located. For this contest “pet” shall refer to a Dog, Cat, or Horse.
RULES: Very few but these are the most important aspects …
- The photo MUST have been taken by YOU. No photos taken by anyone other than you.
- No photos of pets that are “dressed up” in clothing or accessories (collars or harnesses are allowed). If the article of clothing is for a specific purpose and is a necessity, such as booties on dogs in the snow or ice or a raincoat for a small or thin-haired dog in the rain, those will be allowed. (Reasoning for this rule: I strongly dislike when people dress dogs in clothing and accessories. Dogs do not like it and I consider it bordering on cruelty. It’s my contest and that’s my rule.)
- One entry per person.
- By submitting a photo for consideration indicates you certify that you adhere to all the rules and eligibility requirements.
HOW TO ENTER: Send your photo to me by email [ dianeschuller @ gmail . com — remove spaces and please check the spelling before sending ]. You MUST include a subject line with the words, “PET CONTEST”. Any email without that subject header may end up in my spam folder and be deleted. Attach your photo to the email and be sure to include the following information in the body of your email: 1) Your name; 2) Your email; 3) where you are located in the world; 4) The name of your pet; 5) A brief (no more than 50 words) description of why you picked this particular photo or why this pet is so meaningful to you.
DEADLINE: Send your photos with the required information beginning immediately. The contest closes Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 12:00 Midnight MDT. No late entries will be accepted.
SELECTION PROCESS: Once all entries have been received, 5 finalists will be selected. The 5 finalists will be posted on this blog within a few days (this will depend upon my workload at the time). Once the 5 finalists are posted, the public voting will commence. Full instructions on how to submit votes will be outlined with the posting of the finalists. So the winner will be selected by public voting process.
PRIZE: The winning entry will receive their choice of one of two prizes. No cash prizes or cash equivalents.
- Choice One: A custom on-location photo session with me for you and your pet. This includes a full creative session plus one 8×10 of your choice from the session. The session must be booked and held prior to October 1, 2010 and you must be in my service area (Grande Prairie & area, Peace region of Alberta or BC, Edmonton and area). Value: $ 150.
- Choice Two: Two books — Dr. Pitcairn’s New Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats by Richard H. Pitcairn D.V.M. and Susan Hubble Pitcairn. PLUS The Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller. Value including shipping costs: $ 52.
That’s it. So now I am really excited to see your photos! Start sending them today. Tell your friends, relatives, and co-workers. Use the “email a friend” link (below and to the right). Spread the word. I’m expecting a wide variety of images from all over the cyber world.