We’ve all heard that excuse before haven’t we, as we try to place the blame on someone else for what we do on our own.
Some time ago Kelly over at Design Ties (another creative Canadian) gave out an award and the topic for the post was Seven Things You May Not Know (about me). She’s so darn nice that I’m going to play along and, even though I won’t be passing it on to anyone in particular, each of you is welcome to do so should you wish to play along. I love her most recent home office makeover — I really covet that white leather chair in her new and inviting space. Now back to my corner of the world.
- Most people know I love animals and care very much about their well being. What most people don’t know is that I also love horses and they were once a huge part of my life. In fact, my first two jobs after high school were working with horses: galloping and caring for race horses and then training show horses for a lovely family south of Edmonton. I smile coyly and say nothing when people who really don’t know much at all about horses start talking like they know it all.
- I long to live near the ocean yet have been isolated on the prairies my entire life.
- I don’t hesitate to report people if they are treating their animals cruelly or if they are not feeding or otherwise providing proper shelter for their pets or livestock. I wish more people would do so.
- I once saw two guys beating up another kid (teenagers) and I stopped the car, got out (didn’t know what the heck I would do if the guys turned on me) and actually got the thugs to stop. I waited until they moved on before driving away. I think about that kid a lot and this happened about 24 years ago.
- I had my picture taken with Lorne Greene when I was ‘just a girl’. And yes, I actually was a fan and watched Bonanza every Sunday night! Speaking of being a fan, I was also a real big Katy Keene fan (a Bill Woggon creation) and was even a member of the fan club. Does this count as two?
- I absolutely hate the so-called ‘reality’ shows. We once went over two years without TV and the so-called reality shows make me want to get rid of it again.
- I never hold a grudge.
Did you notice I didn’t include anything photography or writing related? That’s because you know most of that! Speaking of which, the next post goes back to business. Thanks Kelly, I had fun horsing around!