This week I heard:
- the return of the crows, “caw, caw”;
- the dark-eyed juncos (I haven’t seen them yet but I hear them);
- coyotes howling and yodeling each day and night;
- an owl hooting outside our bedroom window in the middle of the night;
- “Green onions” by Booker T and the MG’s … man I love that tune!
- News, both good and bad, on the radio and TV;
- Canada Geese returning north (but there’s no open land or water yet for them);
- “Stranger on the Shore” … to me that melody sounds like what it would feel like to be floating on a calm sea in twilight;
- heard that owl again, though he was further away from the farm this time;
- My mother’s voice within mine when I chuckled to myself.
What did you hear this week?
PS: Last week I promised to do a brief post about one of the books that helped me the most in moving forward with my photography. Time has slipped away like a snail on wet glass so I hope you won’t mind waiting until after the Easter weekend. I promise to have the post ready to roll out after this long weekend.